Saturday, March 15, 2014

When I first met him- continues..........

My first day in college

Entrance exams results were out and I got selected. So after counseling I took admission in that college, hostel room was allotted to me for I was about to stay in hostel. It was a residential institute. So my parents left  me in the hostel on 14th July as the classes was about to commenced from 15th July. On 14th July I had to be in the college to fulfill certain formalities as per the norms. I was wearing a pink t-shirt bearing Quotation' It's not easy being a Superstar' having the word 'Superstar' highlighted and I was in a blue jeans, tied my hair tightly back with  pink lip gloss on my lips and one pair long  pink earrings.   While fulfilling the norms I noticed some senior students were gazing at me but I didn't gave it much importance.  The very next day our classes commenced and it was our orientation day. We, hostel girls were really scared as we did not know what our senior going to do with us the next.  So we entered the conference hall it was decorated with flower garlands on the stage some professors were right in front of them below the stage chairs were laid down for us to sit.  The orientation ceremony started one by one professors stood and welcomed us each giving us lectures in their own way in addition there were Retired District Judge Ratanlal Mukherjee, Director and Trustee of our college also and they also cordially welcomed us in the institute and lastly comes our colleges' principle who gave the speech for near about 1/2hr and really made us fall asleep. Some of the lines I remembered;" Students You are LL.B students so do you know the full form of the word" nobody was interested to answer but one who raised his hand was the guy who was sitting in front of me on the entrance exam day. Our principal gladly asked him to give the answer and the fellow replied, " Legum Baccalaureaus" and our principal excitedly appreciated him saying ;"good! you are absolutely correct my son! What's your name?" . The fellow proudly replies "Kishor Kumar Chakraborty" from back everybody laughed even I the fellow seemed to be like a mama's boy and the name he has is like a Bollywood star. The fellow- upps sorry our so called Kishore Kumar embarrasedly looked here and there and again took his place. Our principal again started with his speech;" Students, Why we study Law? What is law? Law has no universally accepted definition but for your understanding umm it's set of rules which are enforced through social institutions. Students we Lawyers speak for those who cannot speak for themselves we must support be of those people who are eagerly in need of Justice, I often see students after getting their LL.B degrees they join MNCs and U.K Law firms but students I requests you don't do this, go for Litigation or Judiciary in your own country.... Go......help poor people who cannot pay fees to the lawyers make them legally aware."  In the mid of the speech Kishor Kumar again raised his hands, sir asked; " Yes.... Mr. Kishor Kumar do you want to ask anything". He replied; "No sir, I just want to give you the reply of your question that you just asked that why we study law?," sir said; 'Yes my son say'. He very boldly left his seat and move towards the stage looked at us, picked a small and showed it to us where it was written 'Law' and he said;" dear friends this paper will give us the actual reply why we study Law?" then he torn the piece of paper and there came a  Rs.100/- note and then said; " Friends this is the actual reason why we study law." All of us could not resist ourselves from laughing and the whole class broke into hysterical laughter even the professors. Our most respectable principal being embarrassed hesitatingly asked the Guy," My son, you are a magician?" . He replied; " not really sir but my father is a magician and I have learned some." This was the first time I really looked at him properly and the mama's boy appeared to me different he has a sharp erected nose, quite intelligent eyes and looks more intelligent wearing spectacles, curly hair broad shoulders with all he has a stunning physical features and also a very descent looks.His all these characteristics really attracted me.
Sir then said; " Nice Joke cracked son go and take your seat". At least for his this joke our principal stopped his boring and let us to introduce ourselves.

..........to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment